In response to the current public health crisis, the team at Humanizing Medicine will be offering testing services for COVID-19 virus infection.
The total cost of the screening is $150.00
We have been testing since Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Who can be tested:
- Anyone with symptoms of viral illness
- Anyone with exposure to a person with confirmed COVID-19 infection
This testing service is not currently government funded. $53 of this cost is the COVID-19 screening lab, $20 of this cost is the rapid influenza test. $77 of this is a non-refundable screening service fee. Please come to your designated appointment.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call our office at (470) 891-8140
Our address is 135 Maple street, Decatur, Georgia 30030 (off of East College)
- We will be testing in our parking lot. We cordially ask you not to enter our office building. We will not have bathroom facilities available.
- Each vehicle will pull up to a designated testing spot.
- Our staff will first swab for the “flu” (influenza A+B). If either of these tests are positive you will not be tested for COVID-19 (this is per official screening guidelines as having the flu would typically be a sufficient answer to “why am I sick”). This takes about 10 minutes.
- If you are negative we will then swab for COVID-19.
- You may then return home.
- When the test returns (24-72 hours) we will inform you of your results.
To reserve your appointment:
- A credit card will be required and will be charged the $150.00
- It is possible that your insurance may cover all or part of this fee. We will send you a link to send us a copy of your insurance card upon registration with us.
- We will email you a confirmation of when your appointment is.
- If you test positive for the flu and are not tested for COVID-19 we will refund you $53
- No refunds for missed appointments
- Prior members of our practice will only be charged the lab fees, not the service fees.
- This screening test uses nasal swabs. These are not comfortable if done properly. They have been compared to “tickling your brain”. We apologize for any discomfort.
- Our screening staff are very nice and personable people but will unfortunately need to wear HAZMAT suits.
- This is a screening test only and does not imply medical treatment. We are not an Emergency room or hospital. If you are having an emergency please use 911 or an Emergency room.
- Positive cases will be reported as required by law to the Department of Public Health
The World Health Organization repeatedly emphasizes testing for COVID-19 to be essential in our battle to contain it and minimize mortality.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What lab will process the test? With reported widespread shortages of tests, how is your clinic able to offer tests?
We are working with a local Atlanta lab, Ipsum Diagnostics. They are approved to perform the COVID 19 test through an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) granted by the FDA. They are part of getting more tests out and so are part of the solution to the paucity of testing. The required things for testing are a lab, tubes, reagents (easily obtainable), and swabs (have to be sterile and non organic). The limiting part is the lab as they can only process so many samples per day.
- Please enroll using our online portal: